So instead of talking about writing, I decided to just write. I have no specific topic, more like my mind-monkey is just going to churn stuff out.
It's not going to make much sense but here is what's on my mind.
- L.E. turns 4 this month. FOUR!
- I had hypnotherapy yesterday and I don't think I need to go back for a while. I'm going to actually put into practice everything I learned so that I can heal from the inside. Here's more.
- My hair is long enough to pull into a topknot which is the official hairstyle of bloggers everywhere. Just in time for SXSW.
- It's SXSW! Remember last year when I was unemployed and had to be a full-time stay-at-home-mom for a week? Yeah, I haven't killed that memory with booze and pills yet.
- This year my parents are coming to town to watch L.E. during Spring Break. Free babysitters!
- One year ago on St. Patrick's Day, I interviewed for a blogger job that I randomly found on ProBlogger, despite having never checked that site before. Now, I'm happy to report that little blogger job has turned into me taking care of marketing and PR for a Top 10 Chocolatier in the US. It's been a crazy ride and I'm so happy to be a part of Delysia.
- Since I'm in a reflecting mood, never would I have thought I'd be this into public relations. I feel like it's the career I should have spent the last 15 years honing instead of graphic design.
- I don't want to say I was a bad designer – negative self-talk is one of the things I'm abolishing through hypnotherapy – but I never felt like it was a good fit career-wise. I like my different jobs and the variety each has.
- I'm pretty sure i've seen every episode of House Hunters ever made. It's gotten to where we can narrate what comes next during the commercial breaks. Just once, I want someone to say they're looking for small rooms, white appliances and Formica countertops, shag carpeting, being right up against the neighbors and zero natural light.
- I mean seriously, how big does your master bedroom have to be?
- My house smells like soup
- Austin Moms Blog has six new contributors. How long until they realize I'm not the crazy drunk careless mom that has become my online schtick
- Did I use that term correctly?
- Is there a better show on right now than Parks & Recreation?
- If I'm ever forced to choose between tacos or nachos, I...can't even finish this sentence right now. Don't ever make me live in a world that will force me to make that choice.
- My new favorite beer is wine
- L.E. has learned how to lie and be adorable. I asked her if she brushed her teeth. She said no but had a big smile on her face. I asked her why she was smiling. She said, "Because I'm cute."
- I haven't blogged in so long that I got fired by Google AdSense