So we decided to start a tech-free hour every night. No phones, iPads, laptops, computer, iPods etc. Even an Etch-a-Sketch is pushing it. You'd think this would be easy; you'd think wrong.
Here is a list of all of the things I desperately needed to look up during last night's Tech-Free Power Hour:
- How much is an Austin Zoo membership?
- I need a good meatloaf recipe
- When did Paul Harvey die?
- I need to make sure Smash is recording
- L.E. wants a green train for her birthday. I must find this now.
- What can we make with Swiss Chard, mushrooms and tatsoi?
- What is tatsoi?
- I need to find giant googly eyes
- When is my next Birchbox coming?
- Am I still friends with so-and-so on Facebook?
- Hamlet the Mini Pig Goes Down the Stairs
- L.E. and I are imagining a trip to Paris. What is the name of a good restaurant there?
- What are my Blogger stats?
- Did anyone comment on my last post?
- How do I get Play-Doh out of a rug?
- How do I get Play-Doh out of my hair?
- Is there a Post Office nearby?
- I saw this thing on Pinterest and I need to find it right now
- Are those jeans at the Gap on sale yet?
- What's up on Twitter?
- Who do I want to see at SXSW?
- Has my health insurance kicked in yet?
- I heard an email ping. Who was it from? What did it say? Is it a book agent?
- I need to find that one photo of L.E. where she's naked and playing the ukelele
So there you have it...the pathetic things I really needed to know when I couldn't reach for my phone or lappy.
Do you try a tech-free hour at home at all? If yes, what crazy things did you need to know but couldn't find out till later?