For today's Meatless Friday, I'm sharing a recipe that contains meat. I know that's not being a good Lenten follower but it's a good reason. Today is Dr. Seuss' 108th birthday. So of course I'm going to share a delectable recipe for Green Eggs & Ham. By combining the ham with the eggs, you needn't bother with dyeing it green.
You could eat them on a train, you could eat them in the rain!
Green Eggs & Ham
• 6 eggs
• 1 tablespoon milk
• 2 tablespoons green onion, roughly chopped
• 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, washed with big stems removed
• 4 cloves of chopped garlic
• 1/4 cup of grated parmesan
• 1/4 cup diced ham
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Butter for frying
- Combine eggs, milk, onion, garlic and parmesan in a bowl and mix well.
- Add spinach leaves and blend. Fold in ham.
- Heat a big pat of butter (don’t be stingy!) in a frying pan over medium low heat.
- Once the butter has melted pour the egg mixture into the warm pan. Let it sit for a couple minutes before you begin to stir and scramble with a spatula. Cook until eggs are done all the way through.